Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cafe Amelie

I wrote this back on August 30, 2009:

I went for brunch and got the Black and Blue Roast Beef sandwich. After eating this sandwich, I realized I'd never had good roast beef before. The meat was tender and easy to bite into, and cut well. The sauce was delicious, it had a healthy amount of blue cheese and was smooth and creamy, (I personally love the combination of blue cheese and beef). The fresh greens were good and tasted great with the sauce. The bread was delicious, it tasted fresh, it had a golden crust and the "mie" (or crumb) was soft and chewy (in a delicious way,not a gross way). I appreciated how every part of the sandwich was made well. Cafe Amelie has great ambiance, the outside courtyard is quite charming with their fountains and wrought iron benches and dining furniture. The inside has these sumptuous chaise lounges with luxurious fabrics draped over them and cozy wooden tables and chairs. The Cafe is tucked in on Royal Street.

0 comments:

Post a Comment