Wednesday, November 18, 2009

La Divina Cafe e Gelateria (French Quarter)

I'm trying to consolidate the stuff I write about food. Here's a review of La Dvina I wrote in August:

I got half vanilla and half milk chocolate con panna (with whipped cream). I was a little sad that they didn't have the flavors I wanted to try when I read their menu online, I suppose I'll have to go again....but I absolutely loved the vanilla, it reminded me of vanilla ice cream I had in France and hadn't been able to find in the U.S. until now. The vanilla gelato has tiny black vanilla specks that pop in your mouth when you eat the ice cream. The whipped cream was a free addition and the server gave me a generous amount, it was delicious but too sweet for me when combined with the gelato, but I imagine that it would be absolutely perfect with espresso.La Divina lets you try samples with reusable metal spoons that they disinfect after you're done which I thought was a cool way to cut down on waste. Also, La Divina is in a cute area with a lot of antique shops which are nice to stroll through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment