Monday, February 1, 2010

On the Joy of Meyer's Lemons

Katie has a lemon tree back in Florida. After winter break, she came back with a bounty of Meyer Lemons. A note from Katie: "Over the Christmas holidays (2009) I picked a ton of Meyer's Lemons from my mother's yard in Florida. Upon my return to the Big Easy I had accumulated TOO many lemons. What was I going to do with them all?! All my friends were still home for the holidays, and these lemons were taking up far too much space in my humble kitchen/ dining area. Something had to be done."

Adventures with the Meyer Lemon:

The Meyer Lemon is wonderful in food because it is enormous, not too tart, and has a thin peel. Here's a list of all the wonderful things we've been making with Meyer Lemons:

    Limoncello

    Lemon Curd

    Lemon Turnovers

    Lemon Pie (not too successful-more like a lemon sorbet with a crust-still delicious!!)

    King Cake

    Lemonade

    Cranberry Lemonade




Limoncello... a masterpiece in progress!



Lemon curd!



Lemon Turnovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment